SenSights Care is a Remote Patient Monitoring & Aging Solution which benefits seniors and healthcare facilities working with seniors having chronic conditions like Dementia, Alzheimer’s, High Blood Pressure, Falls and others.
The 3 main components of SenSights Care solution are:
- Touchless Fall Detection
- Contactless Wellness Monitoring
- Convenience for seniors, caregivers, and agency
The solution helps at-risk providers, skilled nursing, long-term lliving communities, home health providers and other senior care entities to increase their capacity by complementing physical visits with virtual care, avoid wandering and fall episodes and by offering proactive monitoring and risk profiles along with smart alerts through our SenSights Care app. In 2021 our platform was named best in class for patient engagement, remote monitoring and virtual care by Healthcare Tech Outlook.
But how does it really work and what is the technology that lies behind it?
Contactless Wellness Monitoring
The seniors using our Contactless Wellness Monitoring can measure their vital signs like blood pressure, heart rate, heart rate variability, oxygen level and stress level without any devices. The simple use of a phone or tablet camera, good lighting conditions and Internet connection are the only things needed to get the results. The technology that lies behind it is called remote photoplethysmography (or rPPg). The method was first explored back in 1930. It is ‘measuring the amount of light that is absorbed or reflected by blood vessels in living tissue’. It scans your veins and arteries, and numerous capillaries for blood circulation to provide you the results with 90-95% accuracy. It mostly analyzes the upper part of your head where the most vessels are situated. To calculate the results, it analyzes the variance of red, green, and blue light reflection variations from the skin.
See the picture below.
The healthcare providers can track the vital signs of their patients, set boundaries and get the alerts for out-of-range measurements to further act upon it.
The important things to remember:
- Use the high resolution camera to get more accurate results if you choose Bring Your Own Device Plan. Our Premium plan already includes large 8.4-inch Samsung Tablet with high resolution camera
- Internet connection. To measure your vital signs and save this data in your report section, you need to have a good internet connection.
- Select a place with good lighting conditions while scanning your vital signs. If you sit against the light or one part of your face is lightened more than another, it could affect the results.
- Don’t move. It takes 30-60 seconds to measure your vitals. The technology is sensitive to movement, so it is better to stay in the circle (see below) and not move a lot, otherwise you need to restart and take your measurements again.
Touchless Fall Detection
Our Touchless Fall Detection uses 4D imaging sensors to detect falls 24/7 without cameras and wearables protecting privacy of its users. The sensor creates a point cloud of a person to detect even minor falls and sends the alerts to the senior’s circle of care. The sensitivity of radio frequency sensors allows it to detect falls in darkness and dense steam. The RF waves are completely harmless and FCC-approved, they are 1,000 times weaker than a cell phone signal.
The coverage area is 13 feet ahead and 6.5 feet to the left and right of the sensor. The sensor analyzes physiological and behavioral patterns including:
- Physiological (Gait analysis, breathing monitoring, posture detection, sleep analysis)
- Behavioral (Activity levels, wake and sleep times, nocturnal roaming, bathroom usage)
All the information is displayed in reports for further analysis by healthcare providers or a care circle. If a call occurs, the appropriate action by the seniors care circle can be taken.
We are a North American-based startup that provides comprehensive capabilities for home care organizations to manage their senior care services using state-of-art AI and 5G technologies and allow for a greater independence. We are uniquely positioned as we are the only one with a combination of
- Ambient or Touchless Fall Detection
- Device-less or Contactless Wellness Monitoring
- Comprehensive Mobile, Tablet and Web Solution for Seniors, Caregivers and Agency
- Complete Out-of-box Telehealth and TeleMedicine Platform with integration with over 15+ smart devices and several leading EMRs/EHRs like PointClick Care, Cerner and many more in pipeline
- Over 40+ Data Scientists, Engineers and Medical Advisors to help integrate and improve digital transformation journey of our client with services, products and platform focused on senior market
We provide the best in class health platform for patient engagement, remote monitoring and virtual care. Patients are guided on smartphones, tablets and computers from preparation through recovery with the help of reminders, education and activity tracking. Providers can receive alerts, monitor patients and access analytics to deliver better care. Health systems use SenSights Care to improve patient satisfaction while reducing hospital length of stay, readmissions, and costs.
We would like to work with you to help you grow your business with our unique business model of sharing revenue with healthcare providers.
Book a consultation today to see how can help digitally transform your healthcare organization at https://sensights.ai/contact-us/
Learn more about our SenSights Care Solution on http://sensightscare.com/